Terms & Conditions
Welcome to DestinWeeklyRentals.com. DestinWeeklyRentals.com provides its service to you, subject to the following Terms of Service (“TOS”). These TOS may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. The service is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of the service constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time at:http://www.DestinWeeklyRentals.com. In addition, when using particular DestinWeeklyRentals.com services, you and DestinWeeklyRentals.com shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS. DestinWeeklyRentals.com also may offer other services from time to time that are governed by different Terms of Services. To the extent that the specific posted guidelines, rules, or Terms of Services on a particular web-page contradict the Terms of Services contained here, the posted guidelines, rules, or Terms of Services on the particular web-page will control.
2. Description Of Service
DestinWeeklyRentals.com currently provides users with access to a rich collection of resources, including, various communications tools, forums, shopping services, personalized content and branded programming through its network of properties (the “Service”). You also understand and agree that the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for DestinWeeklyRentals.com to provide the Service. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided “AS-IS” and thatDestinWeeklyRentals.com assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any data, user communications or personalization settings.You are responsible for obtaining access to the Service and that access may involve third party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service.
3. Your Registration And Payment Obligations
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form or DestinWeeklyRentals.com‘s representatives (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or DestinWeeklyRentals.com has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, DestinWeeklyRentals.com has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
In addition, you agree to pay the fees associated with the Service as indicated in our current fee schedule.DestinWeeklyRentals.com reserves the right to modify the fee schedule at any time, without prior to notice to you, and to charge you for services based upon the new fee schedule from the time the new fee schedule is adopted and posted on the web-site. DestinWeeklyRentals.com reserves the right to terminate your access to the service or remove Content if you fail to pay the appropriate fees.
DestinWeeklyRentals.com does not offer service to users under the age of 18. By using the service, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
We do not offer refunds because most of the work to prepare, process, file, and setup the account and listing is upfront.
5. Member Account, Password And Security
You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service’s registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notifyDestinWeeklyRentals.com of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.DestinWeeklyRentals.com cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 5.
6. Member Conduct
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and notDestinWeeklyRentals.com, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. DestinWeeklyRentals.com does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will DestinWeeklyRentals.com be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- harm minors in any way.
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to a DestinWeeklyRentals.com official, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that DestinWeeklyRentals.com does not pre-screen Content, but thatDestinWeeklyRentals.com and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing,DestinWeeklyRentals.com and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by DestinWeeklyRentals.com or submitted to DestinWeeklyRentals.com.
You acknowledge and agree that DestinWeeklyRentals.com may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety ofDestinWeeklyRentals.com, its users and the public.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
7. Special Admonitions For International Use
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
8. Content Submitted Or Made Available For Inclusion On The Service
DestinWeeklyRentals.com does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, you grant DestinWeeklyRentals.com the following world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license: With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of DestinWeeklyRentals.com, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate 30 days after you remove orDestinWeeklyRentals.com removes such Content from the Service.
You agree to indemnify and hold DestinWeeklyRentals.com, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
10. No Resale Of Service
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, any data on the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
11. General Practices Regarding Use And Storage
You acknowledge that DestinWeeklyRentals.com may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum number of days that Content will be retained by the Service, the quantity of Content that may be sent from or received by an account on the Service, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on DestinWeeklyRentals.com‘s servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Service in a given period of time. You agree that DestinWeeklyRentals.com has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that DestinWeeklyRentals.com reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that DestinWeeklyRentals.com reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
12. Modifications To Service
DestinWeeklyRentals.com reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree thatDestinWeeklyRentals.com shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You agree that DestinWeeklyRentals.com, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or non-payment of fees, or if DestinWeeklyRentals.combelieves that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS.DestinWeeklyRentals.com may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree thatDestinWeeklyRentals.com may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree thatDestinWeeklyRentals.com shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
14. Dealings With Advertisers
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that DestinWeeklyRentals.com shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because DestinWeeklyRentals.com has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that DestinWeeklyRentals.com is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree thatDestinWeeklyRentals.com shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
16 .DestinWeeklyRentals.com’s Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service (“Software”) contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized byDestinWeeklyRentals.com or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
17. Disclaimer Of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- your use of the service is at your sole risk. the service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. destinweeklyrentals.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- destinweeklyrentals.com makes no warranty that
- the service will meet your requirements
- the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and
- any errors in the software will be corrected.
- any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from destinweeklyrentals.com or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the tos.
18. limitation of liability
you expressly understand and agree that destinweeklyrentals.com shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if destinweeklyrentals.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the service.
19. Exclusions And Limitations
some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. accordingly, some of the above limitations of sections 17 and 18 may not apply to you.
Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The Service may also provide notices of changes to the TOS or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Service. Except as otherwise indicated in the TOS, You may give notice to DestinWeeklyRentals.com by calling or writing:
21. Trademark Information
DestinWeeklyRentals.com, the DestinWeeklyRentals.com beach ball, and other DestinWeeklyRentals.comlogos and product and service names are trademarks of DestinWeeklyRentals.com. WithoutDestinWeeklyRentals.com‘s prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner theDestinWeeklyRentals.com Marks.
22. Copyrights And Copyright Agents
DestinWeeklyRentals.com respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide DestinWeeklyRentals.com‘s Copyright Agent the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
DestinWeeklyRentals.com‘s Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
By phone: (850)654-5799
23. General Information
The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and DestinWeeklyRentals.com and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and DestinWeeklyRentals.com. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software. The TOS and the relationship between you and DestinWeeklyRentals.comshall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You andDestinWeeklyRentals.com agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Okaloosa, Florida. The failure of DestinWeeklyRentals.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Please report any violations of the TOS to our Customer Support Group.
26. DestinWeeklyRentals.Com Fraud Prevention
As with many industries, vacation rentals are not exempt from scammers. DestinWeeklyRentals.com is designed to prevent fraud to vacationers from the start. Every owner who lists a property with our site is required to be reviewed by our careful staff. In addition, all changes made to owner contact information is required to be approved by our staff.
Though our goal is to be familiar with all properties listed on our site we still encourage you be cautious when renting anywhere on the web.
There are Four Common Schemes to Look Out for:
- Take the Money and Run. The criminal advertises an actual vacation rental property that exists but is owned/managed by someone else – typically, at a very competitive price. The unsuspecting traveler is instructed to put a large deposit down to reserve the property and, typically, the payment method is a check or bank/wire transfer as opposed to a credit card. Once the payment has been made, the criminal disappears
- The Bait and Switch. A criminal will offer an amazing price on a very nice looking property, but once the traveler has already paid, the original property becomes “unavailable” and the traveler is left with a cheaper, less desirable rental.
- Price Jacking. Similar to the Bait and Switch, in this plot, the traveler is required to pay more than the agreed-upon price to retain their booking
- Phishing. Phishing in the area of vacation rentals happens when criminals are able to get unauthorized access to a manager/owner’s email account. The criminal then forwards rental inquiries to another email account and begins talking directly with travelers.
It’s important to remember that while vacation rental fraud does happen, it is extremely rare.
What Can You Do to Stay in the Clear?
You can protect yourself from vacation rental scams by staying alert for suspicious behavior and searching for a property at a trusted website like FlipKey. Here are some ways to make sure you don’t get caught up in a bad situation:
Be Aware of Suspicious Behavior, Including…
- Bad grammar in emails from English-speaking countries. While a typo here and there can be forgiven, vacation rental owners are professionals, and you should never receive emails that are riddled with poor grammar.
- Sending money to a third party. If you are requested to send money to a third party, especially in another country, then be very cautious and make sure you use a secure form of payment (see next point).
- Using unsecured payment methods. Never wire funds via instant wire services such as Western Union or Money-gram. Instead, you should try to pay by credit card or PayPal as those methods offer more protection and are much less likely to be used by fraudsters.With the exception of travelers from Europe where wire transfers are more common.
- Dates that do not line up. Make sure that the dates are consistent throughout your communications, and that the manager has reserved the correct dates you requested.
- Uncertainty about the unit. Similarly, make sure that you and the property manager both reference the correct unit.
Do your Homework
We hope that you find the perfect vacation rental on DestinWeeklyRentals.Com, where we’ve already verified the property and the manager/owner. If you look elsewhere, then do your own “background check.” You can do searches for the property and owner on Google, look up the property address on Google Maps (tip: use street view and match it up with a photo of the exterior), and check online for reviews.
Communicate with the Owner
Finally, one of the best ways to make sure that you’re getting exactly what you want from your vacation rental is to speak with the owner/manager over the phone. You can ask specific questions about the rental and feel free to ask for references – especially if you’re suspicious. It’s an immediate red flag if an owner/manager is unwilling to have a quick phone call with you prior to a reservation.